Managing Your Chronic Prostatitis Through Prostate Massaging
Prostate massage is the basis of one type of prostatitis treatment often called the Maniila Protocol which has brought some relief to a lot of prostatitis cases. In our experience and drawing on the number of first-hand reports we've had regarding this type of prostatitis treatment, few prostatitis cases, if any, have ever resulted in a cure, however symptom relief remains a valid option.
Definition of Prostate Massage:
Prostate massage is the massage of the prostate gland for a medical result.
Because of the Prostate's proximity to the rectal wall, it can be reached by massage from the anterior wall of the rectum.
Prostate massage is also part of the digital examination often performed on men by a GP or urologist so an expressed prostatic secretion (EPS) specimen can be obtained to screen in a laboratory for infectious agents causing prostatitis.
Doctors have tried prostate massage concurrently with antibiotics in the treatment of chronic bacterial prostatitis, and this also became known as the Manila Protocol due to a Clinic(s) in the Philippines which used this method to try and cure Prostatitis. Although the Clinic(s) still practice this treatment method, it has largely been discredited and is no longer used in most Western countries. A bit of an old rundown from a current Manila Protocol practitioner, including some of the controversy can be read here. As mentioned, it may still be found in a quest to manage symptoms of Prostatitis, although several factors need to be kept in mind:
- Prostate massage should never be carried out on patients with acute prostatitis, as the massage can lead to a spread of infection through the body
- Over-vigorous prostate massage has been implicated in life-threatening situations: haemorrhoidal flare-ups, periprostatic haemorrhage, septicaemia, cellulitis, and possible spread of prostate cancer to other parts of the body.
Here's a diagram of the male genitourinary system showing the Prostate and its location relative to massage access
If you want to try prostate massage, keep in mind the reservations above including the fact that it is very unlikely to do any more than relieve prostatitis symptoms.
Here's a list of chronic infectious prostatitis treatment clinic which all carry out a form of prostate massage and a concurrent antibiotic regime:
- Ilya Kaploun - Toronto, CA
- Dr A. N. Feliciano - Philippines - "The Manila Protocol" (deceased)
- Dr A. E. Feliciano who practises his father's methods, I personally found him very difficult to deal with.
- Dr Pavlos Giorgiadis - Athens, Greece
- Doctor Emmanuel Sta Cruz - Philippines (very reasonable price)
Considering travelling for Prostate Massage Treatment and want to ask us questions about this?, you can contact us here